For those who live on the Seacoast of New Hampshire
Dr. Ryan offers private one-to-one coaching.
You are the center of care during one-on-one sessions with Dr. Ryan.
Your pregnancy, birth and postpartum recovery depends on your commitment to yourself.
Your commitment to yourself strengthens you as a mother.
This commitment begins with understanding your pelvic health and how it plays a role in your pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
Dr. Ryan helps you navigate your pelvic health through an individualized care plan all in the comfort of YOUR home.
At your first meeting you and Dr. Ryan discuss your concerns and goals for your pregnancy, birth and postpartum recovery.
Dr. Ryan takes an in depth look at your medical history including any past pregnancies and births and how you recovered from them. You go over what your activity level is like now, prior to becoming a mom, as a kiddo and young adult to understand what your body is capable of doing.
Then Dr. Ryan will do a physical examination which will include:
- Posture check
- Pelvic, spine and hip alignment check
- Core muscle strength
- Pelvic, spine and hip flexibility
- Diastasis Recti screen
- Pelvic floor assessment
- Prenatal - this is based on your comfort level but may be either an external or internal (Vaginal) palpation of your ability to contract and relax the pelvic floor and the tension or flexibility of the pelvic floor tissues.
- Postpartum- internal (vaginal or rectal) palpation your ability to contract and relax the pelvic floor and the tension, flexibility of the pelvic floor tissues, and coccyx screen.
- Scar assessment - cesarean scar and/or tear/episiotomy
- Functional movement screen - watch your move around your home to see how you navigate your environment
Once Dr. Ryan has a more in depth understanding of your concerns, goals, history and physical ability, you and she create a comprehensive plan that will help you reach your goals.
You are all wonderfully unique, so your care will also be unique to you.
Follow up visits may include:
- Education - posture, alignment correction, body mechanics and mindful movement, bladder and bowel habits, lifestyle and diet choices
- Manual Therapy - these are modes of hands on muscle, joint and tissue releases that Dr. Ryan performs on your body to ease tension or correct imbalances; which may include both internal and external use of - myofascial release, muscle energy technique, soft tissue massage, scar massage.
- Neuromuscular Reeducation - training or retraining of your mind-body connection through movement patterns, core exercises, posture exercises, bladder training, bowel training, birth preparation and balance exercises.
- Therapeutic Exercise - stretching and strengthening imbalanced muscles
- Creation of a Home Program - At the end of each session you will have specific exercises, self care, or other intentional body work to practice between sessions with Dr. Ryan.
The culmination of all this work is you creating a deeper body awareness through understanding what is normal for you, promoting your pelvic health, mindful movement and loads of self care all to enhance your experience through pregnancy, birth and postpartum.